LABC Weekday Preschool
Welcome to Lexington Avenue Baptist Church Preschool.Our preschool is a private Christian preschool established by the church in 1963 to meet the needs of early childhood education in our community. We welcome children from Danville and Boyle County as well as all of the surrounding counties.The goal of our program is to provide a safe, happy, caring place in which children feel comfortable and will grow to their fullest potential.
LABC Preschool is designed to give your child the best possible beginning to his/her individual educational process. Through the use of developmentally appropriate practices, we will foster your child's development in the following areas: cognitive, emotional, social and physical, all in a Christian atmosphere.
Our philosophy is one of learning through play as well as an emphasis on learning letters and numbers and other skills to prepare them for Kindergarten.
Our goals are to enable each child to:
- Develop the whole child and prepare them for a life long love of learning
- Grow in trust, independence, and initiative
- Develop a positive image of self
- Develop a curiosity for the world and an enthusiasm for learning
- Explore the world around him/her
- Enjoy creative expression through music, art and other play activities
- Think and make choices for individual and small group activities
- Develop small muscles through art, puzzle, block and home living activities
- Exercise large muscles through movement activities indoors and out doors.
We appreciate the opportunity to work with your child as he/she passes through these important developmental stages.
Lexington Avenue Baptist Church Preschool does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or disability in provision of services.