(1) What’s happening at LABC. The next several week at LABC will be eventful. Look ahead and make your class aware of these important events in the life of our church and think about how your Sunday School lessons might relate:
March 29 – Holy Week begins: Palm Sunday and Children’s Easter Celebration
April 3 – Maundy Thursday Services with Communion at 7:00 p.m.
April 4 – Soup’s On Us
April 5 – Easter Sunday
April 12 – Glocal Missions Emphasis: Meet our ministry partners at the missions fair at the Welcome Café from 9:00-10:30 a.m. & Glocal Missions emphasis in worship
April 17-19 – Youth DiscipleNow Weekend: an important time of renewal for our youth
April 24-25 – Kentucky Baptist Fellowship Annual Gathering hosted by LABC: We hope many of our church members will participate and assist. This is a great opportunity to learn about the ministries of KBF.
April 26 – Gideons Emphasis: Bernard Montgomery will share a Gideon testimony in worship.
(2) Testimonies: One of the suggestions that came out of our recent Young Adult Ministry Dialogue was that our members share testimonies of what God is doing in their lives. The staff is considering ways we might incorporate testimonies in worship on occasion. Sunday School is another place that members might share testimonies. I think the Bible texts and themes in this unit lend themselves to sharing testimonies. I encourage you this month to invite members to share testimonies of how they have experienced “Love’s Redeeming Work” in their lives as it relates to the lessons. You can help your church staff by sharing with us the names of class members who you think we should invite to share a testimony with the rest of the church.
(3) This unit contains a number of biblical theological terms and concepts. These Bible dictionaries in the church library may help:
a. Mercer Dictionary of the Bible (Mercer University Press, 1990)
b. Harper Collins Bible Dictionary, Revised and Updated (Harper & Row, 2011)
c. The Interpreters Dictionary of the Bible, Five Volume Set (Abingdon, 1976)
d. Holman Bible Dictionary (Nashville: Holman Bible Publisher, 1991), p. 99, 1317.
(4) For additional commentary, try these Bible Commentaries in the church library:
a. Mercer Commentary on the Bible (Mercer University Press, 1995)
b. Harper’s Bible Commentary (Harper & Row, 1988)
(5) Additional lessons helps and updates are available periodically on the Smyth & Helwys website: http://www.nextsunday.com/category/formations-2/