VBS is coming!
VBS is July 9-12 from 5:30-8:30 each evening. We are teaming up with The Presbyterian Church of Danville and Trinity Episcopal for VBS this year. The theme is Amped: Live Fully Alive! Our church needs to provide some small group and activity station leaders. If you’d like to help, let Amanda know!
Summer Sunday School - Sundays, 9:30 am
We’ll follow Illustrated Children’s Ministry’s, “An Illustrated Invitation” curriculum through the summer and learn about how God invites us into God’s story. If you’re a grown-up who’d be willing to teach a week or two, see Amanda for sign-ups!
Young Families Hangouts - Sundays, 6-8 pm
Join us for a laid back time of fellowship. We’ll eat and hang out at someone’s house on a near- weekly basis from June 24 through mid-August. If you’d like to host the young families for an evening, let Amanda know!
Late Summer Book Club - July 18 & 25, August 1 & 8, 10:30am - noon
The first half of summer is jam-packed with CBF General Assembly, Black and Gold Academy, Passport Kids, and VBS, so we’ll pick up our regular summer Wednesday activity during the latter half of the summer. Kids of all ages are welcome to join us as we explore connections between favorite kids’ books and Bible stories.
Painting Party - Sunday, July 22
We’ll walk to Subway for lunch after worship and then come back to LABC to paint the Godly Play room. Many hands make the work light!
Thank you to our summer Sunday School volunteers! Stacie Herron Carolyn Montgomery Liz Peniston
It takes a lot of people to make children’s ministry great, and we appreciate everyone who invests time and energy into teaching our children about God’s love. Here are some upcoming ways that you can jump in and help:
1. We still need help with Summer Sunday School! If you’d like
to teach a week or two and give our Godly Play teachers a break, let Amanda know. Our summer curriculum is fun and easy to follow!
2. If you have any woodworking skills, there’s lots to do for the new Godly Play room, including smaller bits, like cutting out figures with a scroll saw, and larger projects, like building some bookshelves. If any of that is up your alley, let Amanda know and she’ll get you set up with a project.
3. We also have some bookshelves in the children’s area that will be repurposed for the new Godly Play room, and those need to be sanded down and repainted. If that’s your thing, let Amanda know.
4. If you frequent fabric stores and wouldn’t mind keeping an eye out for some of the harder-to-find felt colors we need to go with some of our Godly Play stories, let Amanda know and she’ll send you a list.
5. If you have baskets (natural colored, preferably), hanging out at your house that could use a new home, consider donating them to our Godly Play room. We keep all of our materials, including art supplies, in baskets, and we’re always looking for more! Baskets without big handles work best, but we’ll take whatever you have! We need a variety of shapes and sizes.
Children’s Sunday School @ 9:30
Worship @ 10:45
(Nursery available for children under 3 during Sunday School and worship. Extended session available for 3 year olds - kindergarteners during the latter half of worship)
VBS is coming!