Back to School Bash - September 20, 1-3 p.m.
Join us at Party on Air (471 Whirlaway Drive, Danville). Children ages 3 years old through 6th grade are welcome.
Children’s Retreat Moved to Saturday Evening October 17
For children grades 2-6. See Amanda if you would like to help.
This fall, we are experimenting with a slightly longer Wednesday night time for our children and youth. We will have dinner at 6:15 and begin activities at 6:45, just like last year. However, we will dismiss at 7:45 instead of at 7:30.
Fall Sunday School:
This school year, our preschoolers through 3rd graders will learn stories from the Old Testament using the Jesus Storybook Bible in Sunday School. We’ll arrive at the birth of Jesus just in time for Christmas!
Want to get in on the fun? We begin at 9:45 each week, and we have classes for 3 year olds through kindergarten, 1st-3rd graders, and 4th-6th graders. The nursery is open for children under 3.
Our Fall Wednesday Night Children’s Rotation
Week 1: Build (Art/Music)
Week 2: Build (Art/Music)
Week 3: Go (Take a mini-mission trip within Danville)
Week 4: Connect (Spend time with people in our church through games and other activities)
Each month, the children will share a song in worship.
September 2: Build September 9: Build September 16: Go
September 23: Connect September 30: Build
October 7: No Meetings (Fall Break) October 14: Build
October 21: Go
October 28: Connect (Trunk or Treat) November 4: Build
November 11: Build
November 18: Go
December 2: Connect December 9: Build
December 16: Build
December 23: No activities (Winter Break) December 30: No activities (Winter Break)
Upcoming Dates to Note:
Saturday, September 19 - Sunday, September 20:
Overnight (at LABC) Retreat for 2nd-6th graders. 7pm - 9:30 am. (Please RSVP to Amanda no later than Wednesday, September 16).
Sunday, September 20: Young Families Group Resumes (Meeting at LABC)
Hey LABC! WE NEED YOUR HELP!
It takes a lot of people to make children’s ministry great, and we appreciate everyone who invests time and energy into teaching our children about God’s love. Here are some upcoming ways that you can jump in and help:
1. Want to get in on our Sunday School teaching rotation? See Amanda for details.
2. Are you gifted in music or art? Can you drive the bus? Do you just like to hang out with our kids? Call, email, or text Amanda about how you can be part of our Wednesday night CONNECTIONS activities. (It’s not an every week commitment!)
3. Would you like to help us freshen up our children’s area and make it welcoming for visitors? Watch for information coming this fall about how you can help us get some new rugs, shelving, and other items.
4. Do you love teaching our children about the Bible? Could you give one or two Sunday nights a month to help with our children while their parents are in Bible study? See Amanda if you’d like to support our ministry to young families in this way.
5. Do you like to sew? Some of our Bible-times costumes need hemming and other simple modifications. If you can help, see Amanda.
6. Ever wanted to spend the night at church? The 2nd-6th graders are having an in-house retreat Saturday night, September 19. Let Amanda know if you’d like to help chaperone this exciting event!
- Watch for information about our Back to School Bash coming up in September!
- If you are interested in being a part of the Young Family group, see Amanda. Our locations change regularly, but we can add you to our Facebook group or email list to keep you in the know. We’re planning a fall retreat, and you won’t want to miss out!