Way of the Child
I am excited to offer a special series for 1st - 6th graders on Sunday evenings beginning March 9. We will use The Way of the Child (Upper Room) to learn about different ways to pray. The curriculum takes a Montessori-like approach to learning, and the kids will have opportunities to explore prayer through art, reading, writing, and even playing in the sand. This is a really neat program, and I hope that many of you will consider bringing your child to these gatherings. We will meet from 6 to 7pm beginning March 9 and ending April 6 (with a break March 30 for Spring Break).
We still have a few spots available for those who would like to attend PassportKids camp this summer in Crossville, Tennessee. The dates are July 24-27. If you'd like to come with us to camp, please get your $60 camp fee to Amanda as soon as you can!
Join us for Wednesday night Missions in March as we learn about Caroline and Josh Smith's ministry in South Africa!
Christmas is Coming!
On Sunday, March 23, our church will celebrate Christmas as part of our journey through The Story. We look forward to an exciting day of celebrating Jesus' birth!
Children's Sunday is March 2. If any 2nd - 6th grader would like to have a leadership role, please let Amanda know ASAP. (email@example.com).
Children’s Day in Worship, Sunday, March 2, 10:45 a.m.
The Story Continues: Jeremiah-“Like Clay in the Potter’s Hand”
Worship will include:
• Children leading in prayer, scripture reading, welcoming, offering, and music
• Bulletin art by one of our children
• Blessing and prayer for the children (Parents of nursery children are invited to bring their children to this part of the worship service to join in for the blessing and prayer.)
• Multi-media of children’s pictures from the past year
• Recognition of Extended Session workers