Some Things We Still Need for Youth DNow (March 9-11)
(1) Drop off snacks at the office. We need snacks for groups to take back to the host homes.
(2) We need 5-6 people willing to come to church on Saturday and score the Amazing Race.They would be there at 3:30 until about 4:00.
(3) The worship service is Saturday in the fellowship hall at 8:00. The church is invited to join us in worship and unique prayer experiences.
(4) We need your prayers, that this weekend is a great experience for our youth.
Youth DNOW: March 9-11
Rooted: Growing in the Ligth of Hope.
Bible studies, prayer, snacks, host homes, Amazing Race, worship, fun, and much more.
For 7th-12th Graders. Friday, 6:00 p.m. at Lexington Avenue Baptist Church.
Cost: $10. You can register by turning in your completed registration form (available in the church office) and $10 registration fee to the Youth Ministers or the church office.
What to bring:
-Pen/Pencil & Notebook,
- Bedding (pillow, blanket, sleeping bag, etc.),
-Towel and washcloth,
-Recreational and casual clothes,
-We will be wearing our DNow T-shirts and jeans on Sunday morning.
What not to bring:
-A bad attitude,
-A huge suitcase (you need to be able to carry it and fit it in a van with others),
-Anything you know you should not bring.
New Wednesday Nights, 6:15 p.m.
Contact Justin. Prayer, Devotion, & Ministry: We'll have ministry planning, devotion, and prayer, along with Rec on certain Wednesday nights and then we’ll be focusing on helping others in the community other Wednesday nights. On ministry nights we will be visiting homebound members and we will be involved in neighborhood business ministry with Papa John’s Pizza.
Sunday Nights, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Contact Kyle. Youth Dinner, Way To Live Bible study (the book youth received at new seventh grade recognition and highly recommended by Laken), and games. Some nights we will meet in church members’ homes. If anyone is interested in providing a meal on a Sunday night, please contact Kyle.
Sunday School, 9:30 a.m.
Contact Kelsey. Continuing our “Through the Bible Studies” in the New Testament.
Youth Meals & Host Homes
The Youth Ministry Team is looking for parents, other church members, or Sunday School classes, to provide meals for the youth meeting on Sunday nights at 6:00 p.m. We are also looking for host homes for the youth to meet in once a month. The youth enjoy getting to know our church members.